Uniting for Growth that Benefits All
Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP) recognizes the country’s current poverty situation and understands that this cannot be solved by isolated efforts of individual actors. To cope up with the changing development landscape, there is a need to scale up our efforts.
In the past four years, we have enhanced our strategy by investing our resources towards establishing Platforms for Collective Engagements (PlaCEs). Our PlaCEs on Health, Education, Environment, and Livelihood & Enterprise Development are undertaken holistically to bring systemic solutions to complex societal problems. These PlaCEs pursue partnerships among multiple stakeholders bound together by a common agenda, shared metrics, and mutually reinforcing interventions.
Together, we have been able to build PlaCEs that continuously achieve the following goals:
- Detect and treat tuberculosis patients
- Bring and keep children in school to receive quality education
- Rebuild the lives of Yolanda survivors by providing basic needs on health, education, shelter, and livelihood through our Project New Dawn
- Help develop disaster resilient communities
- Improve income through job creation and livelihood development
- Shape the inclusive business advocacy in support of the country’s inclusive growth
Scaling up is shifting our paradigm from an isolated approach into a collective impact approach where seeing the big picture and formulating macro solutions are at its core.
This year, we would like to expand our PlaCEs to accomplish the following objectives:
- Increase access to maternal, neonatal and child health care and nutrition
- Provide safe drinking water to communities
- Spearhead the private sector agenda for sustainable water
We undertake all these together with our members and partners to ensure that our country’s economic growth benefits all.
How we are making a difference
- Development on a National Scale. We work with Philippine Development Plan (PDP) goals nationwide in the key areas of Health, Education, Environment, and Livelihood & Enterprise Development.
- Collective Impact for Real Development. To fully develop communities, we approach the different sectors in Health, Education, Environment, and Livelihood & Enterprise Development from all angles to bring about systemic change on the ground. For example, under Education, a child needs more than just a classroom to receive quality education – we need to bring other stakeholders to provide a holistic solution by making sure the schools have adequate learning facilities and materials, teachers have undergone regular training and the parent-teacher’s associations (PTAs) are also engaged. PBSP convenes these stakeholders to shape policy and processes that drive the execution and measure impact and outcomes. We regularly work with the business community, different national and local government agencies, community associations, the academe and other NGOs. Together, we make a real difference in the lives of these communities.
- Inclusive Business for Inclusive Growth. We work with businesses in integrating development goals and objectives in their core business and operations strategies. With businesses and communities working together, inclusive growth can take root and hopefully bring sustainable income opportunities for the communities. We believe it’s important to uplift those at the Base-of-the-Pyramid (BoP).
- Real Impact with CSR and Corporate Philanthropy. With our systems and Collective Impact strategy, we link traditionally isolated CSR activities to programs of impact. We ensure CSR activities contribute to broader programs ensuring real development happens in the lives of the people.
- Consulting and Shared Services. With our track record of expertise, experience and integrity in managing grants, programs and projects, we offer different strategic and operational services (including professional advisory services, strategy formulation, capacity development and execution management) to corporate foundations, development agencies, and other NGOs. With these services, we aim to help partners in improving their operational efficiencies and systems to ensure we are all working towards real progress in the communities where we work.
Platforms for Collective Engagements (PLaCEs)
Our Platforms for Collective Engagements or PlaCEs are ways from which our member-companies and various other stakeholders can participate in a collective action to pursue systemic solutions to pressing social challenges of our time. It is an enlightened approach from our realization that isolated efforts can no longer produce solid and lasting impact to society.
Our PlaCEs drive businesses to participate in a cross-sector coordination. By expanding the boundaries and dissolving the barriers of competition among different industries, companies can do so much to uplift the lives of the Filipino poor.
Inclusive Business & Shared Value
Inclusive Business is a core business activity that incorporates the poor within the company‘s value chain as suppliers, consumers, distributors and/or employees in such a way that it creates shared value.
We invite businesses to support our Inclusive Business Imperative (IBI) campaign. You may call our IBI Center at +632 527 3747 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.